No, actually some of the best and most creative designs do not have the Spot UV layer registered at all. This is referred to as "Blind Spot UV", and looks best with black or dark coloured backgrounds. Our Light Republic sample illustrates this well. The floral pattern on the printed black background is an excellent example of a black-on-black blind spot uv effect.
Articles in this section
- Can I order samples of Spot UV?
- How long does the Spot UV Sale last?
- How Fast Can Spot UV Business Cards Be Produced?
- What is Spot UV?
- Setting up press-ready files for Spot UV
- Design considerations for Spot UV
- What is the minimum quantity for Spot UV?
- Who are Spot UV Cards suitable for?
- What designs look best with Spot UV?
- How do I set up my design for Spot UV?