Our Tissue Papers are printed offset and exclusively use coated Pantone inks. There are some important guidelines to consider when creating a design for Tissue Paper.
- General Setup
- We recommend a pattern (repeatable design) due to the increased probability of shift and tilt that is inherent in the product.
- Small Logos or Patterns
Your logo or pattern must be submitted in a 5" x 5" PDF file (preferred file format) where the image is centered on the page or the pattern is designed to be seamless all around (when repeated throughout the tissue paper). Keep in mind that a member from our Prepress department will tile your artwork as part of the proofing process, so ensure your file is set up correctly before ordering.
Large Images or Illustrations
If your image or illustration is larger than 5" x 5", you must supply your file in the actual size you are ordering, with the addition of 0.5” bleed on all four sides. See: What is bleed?.
Due to the unique nature of this product, shifting and tilting may occur, causing the position of the artwork on the final product to differ from what is seen in your proof.
- All artwork must be submitted in the coated Pantone colour(s) you want to use for your design. If no Pantone colour is defined, we will print the tissue paper with Pantone Neutral Black C.
- Almost any coated Pantone colour is acceptable for Tissue Paper; however, neon colours will need to be requested as a custom order by submitting a Custom Print Quote form.
- Due to the translucent quality of the paper, you can only print a design on one side. Darker colours will be more easily seen through the back side of the paper.
- White ink on our 1pt Black tissue paper will appear more of a grey colour than a true white as ur white ink is not opaque.
- Vector artwork is highly recommended for this product; however, high resolution raster files can also be accepted.
- Regular orders placed for 2 colour designs will not include registration. This means there needs to be at least 0.125" space between the different colours. Registered designs can be requested through a Custom Print Quote at additional cost. See Registered Tissue Paper for further information.
- If your design / pattern will bleed to the edge, 0.5" of bleed will be required on all 4 sides of your design.