Below are general design considerations and file specifications for preparing a perfect bound booklet file for print:
- Image Resolution: at least 300 PPI (at 100% view)
- Color Mode & Profile: CMYK (U.S. Sheetfed Coated v2)
- Covers Margin / Safety Margin (on all sides): 0.125"
- Inside Pages Margin / Safety Margin
- Inside / Spine Edge: 0.5"
- Top, Bottom, Outside: 0.125"
- Bleed (on all sides): 0.125"
- Page Count: The total number of pages includes all sides of the final book (including the front and back cover) and must always be a multiple of 2. For example, a 20 page perfect bound booklet consists of a 4 page cover (first two and last two pages of your book) and 16 inside pages.
Page 1 - Front cover
Page 2 - Inside front cover
Page 3 - First "internal" page (right-hand-side)
Page 4 to 18 - Other internal pages
Page 19 - Inside back cover
Page 20 - Back cover
What file(s) should I supply?
We require 2 separate PDF files:
- Cover: 2 pages (outside and inside) of flat/spread cover. Make sure this includes the spine (see Cover Setup for a Perfect Bound Book for more information).
- Internal Pages: Multiple single pages. Please account for all pages of your book. If you have blank pages (no print) in your book, please include those as well.